Another season of NYFW is upon us, which means more traffic, more photographers, and much more thought put into our outfits. If you’re in the city to attend shows or events, you’d better be prepared to be out all day. Whether you’re a blogger, fashion influencer, or spectator, these are the essentials you’ll need to make the most of the long days ahead.
- Sunglasses to shield your eyes from all of the camera flashes and also to bring your look to the next level.
- A lip balm to make sure you’re never caught on street style blogs with chapped lips.
- A DSLR, Point & Shoot, or both to capture the most instagrammable moments. I use the Canon Rebel T5i and the Canon G7X.
- A card case to carry the business cards you’d better be bringing to fashion events and shows.
- A super facial oil to fake 8 hours of sleep.
- Save your phone battery by jotting down your notes during the shows and presentations with a notebook and pen, instead of doing it electronically.
- A portable phone charger to refuel your iPhone after all of those Snapchat videos.
- Blotting sheets to freshen up after your commute between shows.
- A “Stay All Day” liquid lipstick that will literally stay all day.
- A powder compact to check your self and to re-beat your face.
- A wallet that will hold your metro card, credit cards, and your phone.
- A highlighter that can also double as an eyeshadow to, again, re-beat your face.
- Comfortable but on-trend shoes for later on in the week when heels are no longer an option.
- A bag that will carry all of your essentials, go with any outfit, and has multiple carrying options.
- Bonus: A healthy snack, such as almonds or a Kind Bar, for when you feel yourself start to move slower as the day goes on.
Fashion week vets, did I miss anything? What are some of the things that you have to have during NYFW?