The five nail polish shades in my rotation this spring.
Springtime is upon us and nothing says spring like soft pastel nails. As you can see from the picture above, I either go for light neutral pinks or bright pastel pink, magenta, and orange. These are the shades that I’ve curated for my spring nail edit this year and I’m obsessed. I prefer using the Essie Gel Couture polished because I’ve found that they last longer. Some of these I’ve had longer, which is why only 3 of them are from the gel couture line.
Spring Nail Polish Edit: The Hand Cream
In the spring, I also like to stay on theme with my hand cream. I’ve been loving this Rose Oil hand cream I randomly found at Trader Joe’s. I love that it’s not greasy and absorbs quickly, leaving my manicure moisturized.
Whether you’re into neutrals or want a pop of color, this edit has something for everyone. Even if you’re stuck inside, a fresh manicure can cheer anyone up. Try one of these shades for your next at-home manicure.
How to Do a Manicure at Home
- Remove nail polish
- Clip & files nails
- Soak nails in warm soapy water for five minutes
- Push cuticles down with a wooden stick
- Remove excess cuticle nail clips
- Apply cuticle oil and massage nails
- Wash hands
- Apply base coat & let dry for a minute
- Apply first coat of nail polish and let dry for a minute or two
- Apply second coat and let dry for another minute
- Apply top coat & quick dry drops
- Let dry for 10 minutes, then apply hand cream