2020 Spring Nail Polish Edit + How to Give Yourself a Manicure at Home
The five nail polish shades in my rotation this spring.
Springtime is upon us and nothing says spring like soft pastel nails. As you can see from the picture above, I either go for light neutral pinks or bright pastel pink, magenta, and orange. These are the shades that I’ve curated for my spring nail edit this year and I’m obsessed. I prefer using the Essie Gel Couture polished because I’ve found that they last longer. Some of these I’ve had longer, which is why only 3 of them are from the gel couture line.
Spring Nail Polish Edit: The Hand Cream
In the spring, I also like to stay on theme with my hand cream. I’ve been loving this Rose Oil hand cream I randomly found at Trader Joe’s. I love that it’s not greasy and absorbs quickly, leaving my manicure moisturized.
Whether you’re into neutrals or want a pop of color, this edit has something for everyone. Even if you’re stuck inside, a fresh manicure can cheer anyone up. Try one of these shades for your next at-home manicure.
How to Do a Manicure at Home
- Remove nail polish
- Clip & files nails
- Soak nails in warm soapy water for five minutes
- Push cuticles down with a wooden stick
- Remove excess cuticle nail clips
- Apply cuticle oil and massage nails
- Wash hands
- Apply base coat & let dry for a minute
- Apply first coat of nail polish and let dry for a minute or two
- Apply second coat and let dry for another minute
- Apply top coat & quick dry drops
- Let dry for 10 minutes, then apply hand cream