Disclosure: This is an unsponsored review of the Vanity Planet Aira Facial Steamer. I purchased this product with my own money. Every product I review is hand-selected and tested by me. This post does contain affiliate links, which means, if you decide to purchase this product, I will receive a very small commission for referring you. This helps me continue to create free content and provide unsponsored/unbias reviews. Thank you always for your support! xx
Like many others at the start of the pandemic, I immediately turned to skincare as my form of self-care to ease my nerves and help me relax. I invested in new products and tools to elevate my at-home pamper days and transform my bathroom into my own luxury spa. One of those tools being the Vanity Planet Aira Facial Steamer.
I’d always been curious about facial steamers and after reading up on the benefits of using one, I went on a search for my own. After checking numerous sites and brands, I decided on the Vanity Planet Aira Facial Steamer for its compact and aesthetically-pleasing design. But is it as good as it looks? Find out in my review below.
The Vanity Planet Aira Facial Steamer is a compact facial steamer that features one power button, a hidden water reservoir, and 3 essential oil baskets to easily customize your steaming experience. It comes in 2 colors, Rose Gold and Beige (which is the one I ordered). What I love about the Aira steamer, in particular, is the simple and luxe design as well as the user-friendly instructions.
While I don’t use essential oils on my face, I think a lot of people will enjoy having the option to add in their favorite scent to enhance their at-home spa experience even more.
As I mentioned above, there are said to be a lot of benefits from using a facial steamer. Outside of the relaxing, spa-like feeling you get, below are some other ways your skin can benefit from steaming:
Benefits of using a Facial Steamer
- Softens skin to loosen up dead skin cells, dirt, and oil, allowing them to be easily removed
- “Increases blood circulation to the skin by raising the skin’s internal temperature” – celebrity esthetician and founder of Renee Rouleau via Elle.com
- Increases hydration
- It’s a less abrasive form of exfoliating (source: Allure.com)
- Gives you a healthy glow post-steam (source: DrDennisGross.com)
- Unclogs your pores to allow subsequent products to be better absorbed
Vanity Planet Aira Facial Steamer Design
Sounds amazing, right? I know. However, you want to be cautious about how and how often you use a facial steamer as over-steaming can be damaging to your skin and moisture barrier.
Get 50% off your Vanity Planet order using this link
When to Use a Facial Steamer
Although a lot of skincare professionals are pro-steaming, they warn against using a facial steamer more than 1-2 times weekly and more than 10-15 minutes each session. They also warn against having the steamer too closer to your face to avoid burns. Vanity Planet directs users of the Aira Facial Steamer to keep it at least 25 centimeters (about 10 inches) away from your face. I usually place the steamer on the bathroom counter or a tray table and bring my face close enough to feel the steam touching but not too close to where it’s directly in front of the nozzle.
How To Use the Vanity Planet Aira Facial Steamer
I usually steam my face once a week or every other week to get a deep cleanse, hydrate my skin, and allow my masks and serums to penetrate my skin more. On nights I use my steamer, I’ll cleanse first, fill up the water tank, press the power button, and let it heat up. I’ll either stand at the bathroom counter or sit at a tray table and allow the steam to mist my skin. I inhale and exhale as the steam works its magic for the next 10-15 minutes. Once the steamer shuts off or my timer is up, I’ll wipe my skin with Bioderma Micellar water before moving on a mask or serum.
My skin is left feeling hydrated and renewed. I really feel like my skin looks more glowy and healthy post-steam. I love that the steamer makes it easier to remove build-up from my pores, allowing my masks, serums, and moisturizer to penetrate deeper. Layering skincare products on top of dead skin cells and clogged pores is a waste of money since the products can’t treat the skin underneath. That’s the biggest reason I love using a facial steamer. Besides that, I love how it makes me feel like I’m at a spa when I’m just in my bathroom, chilling out in my robe, drinking champagne.
Below are the products I’ll use in different scenarios:
- When my skin is dehydrated: I apply a hydrating mask & under-eye patches for 15 minutes followed by a hydrating moisturizer and Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate to hydrate & replenish my skin.
- When my skin is dull: I’ll use the Kiehl’s Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque (reviewed here) to brighten and gently exfoliate, before moving on to my Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution Serum, moisturizer & eye cream.
- When my skin is breaking out: I’ll make a detox mask using french green & white clay and water. Then, I’ll follow up with my Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution Serum, Retinol, moisturizer & eye cream.
Get 50% off your Vanity Planet order using this link
- Small & Compact Size
- Luxe Minimal Design
- Affordable Price (see promo code below for extra discount)
- Easy to use
- Skin can feel dry if you don’t lock in the moisture within 1 minute after using with a moisturizing face mask or cream.
As you can see, I’m obviously for using a steamer to boost hydration, cleanse the pores, and making serums and masks even more effective. It really just elevates my Sunday at-home spa sessions and I’m so happy I gave facial steaming a try.
If you want to try out the Vanity Planet Steamer for yourself, you can use my link to receive a discount on your order. Come back and let me know how you like it if you try it out.