Happy New Year! This year literally flew by! It’s New Year’s Day and I’m so excited for 2018. 2017 wasn’t at all what I expected it to be and as I sit and reflect on this past year, I’ve realized that I could have done so much more. Instead of dwelling, I’ve made a resolution to create the life I want in 2018 and I could not be more excited for what’s to come. I’m a true believer of creating my own destiny and future through faith, prayer, and dedication.
A quick recap of 2017:
- I was offered a paid internship at NET-A-PORTER. It was a really hands-on experience and I got to meet some amazing people. I worked on some very stylish events and was in the room with a lot of my favorite fashion influencers and editors.5
- I went home to New Orleans for Mardi Gras to see my family and friends.
- I took a quick trip to Miami to celebrate my birthday!
- I finished my internship at NET-A-PORTER and started a new chapter with a new position working in the PR department of a major beauty brand.
- I visited Philadelphia for the first time to go to Made in America Festival. I saw Solange, Migos, J.Cole, The Chain Smoker, and Cardi B perform live for the first time.
- I attended 2 concerts: Big Sean at Radio City Music Hall & Jay-Z at The Barclay’s Center.
- Discovered some new fave food spots.
- My grandmother visited us in New York from New Orleans and we got to spend lots of quality time together.
- I wrote lots of blog posts, changed up the layout and worked on improving my content.
- I switched up my hairstyle.
- I made 2 years living here in New York.
It has been an interesting ride. The longer I live here, the more I grow and learn about myself. I’m looking forward to growing even more and continuing to create the life I want. Last year, I went into 2017 without setting intentions. While I’m appreciative of my life and what I was able to accomplish, I feel like I could have done more. For 2018, I have a few things that I want to do. Read what they are below.
This year, I resolve to:
- Improve my relationship with God: Talk to him more, pray more, give more thanks.
- Read more books: Read one book per month.
- Take care of me, inside and out: Eat healthy, take vitamins & supplements and move more.
- Take advantage of living in NYC: Say yes to invitations, try new things and go to more events.
- Create more quality content: Take courses to improve my photography skills, writing, and social media content.
- Build a brand: Keep it consistent & be entrepreneurial.
- Create memories: Travel and take more pictures and videos.
- Be kind to myself and others: Be mindful of my language and check in with myself, often.
- Wake up earlier: Take advantage of the daylight, slow down, and enjoy each day.
- Step out of my comfort zone: Try new things and experiences.
- Buy less and appreciate what I have, while continuing to choose quality of quantity.
What are some of your intentions for 2018?